As the chill of fall approaches and temperatures begin to decline, you’ll be turning off your air conditioning systems and starting to use your heating system. It’s important to get a fall heating checkup to ensure your system is ready to go for the cooler months. At Air of Houston, we recommend these tips to help give you peace of mind in the colder months:
- Get an inspection done on your furnace and have your ducts cleaned. Clean ducts are very important in order to keep your system running efficiently.
- Have your Air of Houston HVAC contractor check all gas connections, including the burner and its combustion, as well as the heat exchanger; thus, eliminating any potential fire and health hazards while also ensuring that your system is safe and efficient.
- Have the HVAC technician show you the location of your furnace filters and how to change them. Purchase enough furnace filters for your home that you can change them monthly throughout the heating season. Once your fall heating check-up is complete, the only thing you’ll have to do is change the furnace filter once a month to maintain energy efficiency and clean air, and prevent possible system damage.
- Do a check around your furnace. Throughout the summer you might have placed certain flammable items around your furnace. Be sure to clear all of these items from the area before use.
- If you don’t already have one, consider switching your thermostat to a programmable thermostat. This can save your home a lot of money as it will increase and decrease the desired temperature based on your needs and efficiency rather than maintaining a set temperature regardless of the time of day or who is in the house.
It is always preferable to keep your system maintained, preventing the unnecessary expense of costly heating repairs. It is also better to not be caught unaware by a potential heating malfunction in the middle of winter’s coldest temperatures. Call Air of Houston for your fall heating checkup at 281-890-0990! Also check out our Coupon page for savings on our 21-Point Heating Checkup!